Thursday, June 7, 2018

JOSEPHINE B. TRILOGY


 The Josephine B. Trilogy by [Gulland, Sandra]

What is it about some books that demand our time, that demand we read and read until we can't keep our eyes open any longer?

I read a broad variety of genres, enjoy many writing styles, the works of authors from many countries and, because the books I read are so varied, I've never found a definitive answer.

Whatever the magic, whatever the lure of this book or that, I feel compelled to make suggestions and recommendations to fellow readers.

The Josephine B Trilogy, written exclusively in diary entry format, is high on my list of must reads. The entries, sometimes curt, reveal an intriguing woman as well as a fascinating look at Napoleon--one of history's greatest.

Of her trilogy, which took her 10 years to write, Gulland says, "In fact, Josephine did not keep a journal. I think if she had, I would have had a hard time writing a fictional journal for her. Most every biographer and historian portrays Josephine in a negative light. My own research -- and consultations with historians -- led me to different conclusions."

For more information: Click here

www.darlenejonesauthor.com


No comments:

Post a Comment