Sunday, July 8, 2018

Is this what it takes for a bookstore to survive?

I walk in expecting to see books.



Instead I find blankets,



and serving dishes. Yes, I'm going to read while my guests visit.



and this little guy which I was tempted to buy. After all it had a built in screw driver.



I passed by more dishes, ornaments, toss cushions, purses, greeting cards and paper products ( which made some sense in a book store), skin care products and then spotted diapers and wipes. Who can read with a baby in the house?



Well maybe if you plunk them into one of these....



Yes, there were books too. I made it to the till with my choices and ran into these counters.



Oh, and let's not bypass these for that baby.



And these for ourselves on a cold winter's night.




www.darlenejonesauthor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment